GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION OBJECTIVES
The Staff Nurse/LPN, under the direction of a RN/Case Manager is responsible for promoting and coordinating, comprehensive care to clients through the performance of continual communication with RN/Case Manager and
performance of responsibilities as identified by the RN/Case Manager within the policies and standards of the Agency. The Staff Nurse/LPN nursing duties provide for client care that has been identified by the RN/Case Manager including, but not limited to vital signs, teaching/instruction, wound care, etc.
1. Responsible for an assigned caseload of clients.
2. Provides goal focused care, under the supervision of the Case Manager/RN for each client and documents/reports updates in accordance with orders from the physician.
3. Monitors client/nursing goals.
4. Performs planned home visits to the client for assessment/evaluation, instruction/intervention, and provision of nursing protocol according to the Plan of Care.
5. Ascertains need and initiates request for referrals to the other services as indicated.
6. Initiates and maintains continuous contact with the client’s Case Manager/RN to report the client progress toward home care goals, any changes in health or progress status, and/or potential need for additional
7. Performs clinical documentation requirements according to Agency policies and acceptable nursing standards.
8. Evaluates effectiveness of care and monitors appropriateness and achievement of outcomes.
9. Performs preventative nursing activities, as needed to assure comprehensive care.
10. Assures client infection control and safety measures.
11. Assures that discharge planning is discussed on an ongoing basis, throughout client episode of care.
12. Responsible for on call duty for clients, as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor. Assists Agency during emergency situations, including performance of home visits as required.
13. Provides report to the Case Manager/RN regarding provision of client services and needs, as well as information that would warrant any changes in the Plan of Care.
14. Interprets Medicare Guidelines and Agency services and policies to clients, families, physicians, community services, etc.
15. Maintains a basic knowledge of third-party reimbursement in relation to home health client benefits, referring appropriate client questions to billing department.
16. Recognizes nursing responsibilities involved in client care, respects client rights, including home, belongings, family participation in care and client requests/refusals.
17. Communicates with the Case Manager/RN to inform him/her of alternate schedule for client visits during scheduled or unscheduled time off. Reports any schedule change or inability to complete assignment as
18. Accepts scheduling addition/changes during staffing shortages/difficulties, as necessary.
19. Organizes daily visit schedule to minimize travel time and mileage. Maintains productivity according to employment status.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
21. Must be able to meet the physical demands of providing nursing care, including ambulation of clients, transferring clients, assisting with mobility functions, etc.
22. Must be able o transfer clients as needed according to proper techniques of body mechanics to promote client and staff safety and well-being.
23. Demonstrates an empathetic, non-judgmental, tactful, responsible manner, and is organized.
24. Must demonstrate emotional and mental maturity necessary for establishing and maintaining a good rapport with clients, families and Agency staff.
25. Demonstrates understanding of the team approach and is a supportive team member.
1) Graduate of an accredited licensed practical nurse program.
2) Current licensure as a licensed practical nurse in the State of Michigan.
3) Minimum of two years of nursing in an acute care or home care setting is preferred.
4) CPR certification preferred, not required.
5) Current Michigan driver’s license and/or reliable transportation.